Thursday, March 25, 2010

ROUND TWO!!!

Yes, Battle of the Kids' Books fans, Round Two has already taken place.  M. T. Anderson had to choose between The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacquelyn Kelly and Charles and Emma by Deborah Heiligman.  My personal choice would be Calpurnia but my choice does not count, nor should it, since I only read the first two chapters of Charles and Emma.  Anderson gives a clever, and very full defense for his choice.  Read it.  And then read the books.  Perhaps, you will agree with me or perhaps you will agree with M. T. Anderson who chose....
Charles and Emma by Deborah Heiligman!  The Darwins move on to Round Three.

Tomorrow, Percy Jackson  from The Last Olympian will lock horns with the Lace from The Lost Conspiracy.  I KNEW I should have read those Percy Jackson books!!! My choice for this bracket is The Lost Conspiracy but once again it is not the best informed decision.  Which of these two book do YOU think should move on to Round Three?

No comments:

Post a Comment