Saturday, April 25, 2009

Children's Book Week is coming up - May 11th to May 17th. Watch the Parkland Community Library website for an Author or Illustrator of the Day Quiz. Every day, I will post five clues to the identity of a children's book author or illustrator. The next day, I will reveal the previous day's answer AND new clues to another author or illustrator. I already have clues prepared for 4 authors/illustrators and my clues are NOT easy. See how well you know children's literature.

On May 14th, from 3 to 5 pm, stop by the Parkland Community Library for games, stories and activities. The featured - but not only - book for the day is If You Were a Penguin by Florence and Wendell Minor, this year's "One Book, Every Young Child" selection. Drop by to find out if you are tall enough to be a penguin, put together a penguin floor puzzle, play with penguin toys and listen to penguin books and other icy titles. That day is an Early Dismissal day in the Parkland School District so I hope I see a lot of you at the Parkland Community Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment